#LEXTRIP _ SINGAPORE (part II) / SIDE STORY


*this post is about my own sillines while explore new things in Singapore
March, 16th - 18 th, 2018


·         MISDIRECTION.

First time used MRT (Mass Rapid Transit), we got a wrong destination. Not the routes, but the station name. We should go to Aljuneid station which is located in Geylang district, but we went to Geylang Bahru instead. It’s a diferrent district obviously. That’s what you got if you don’t have any guts to ask and thought you knew it all. But if you can communicate, especially in English. Minutes later, i brace myself to communicate in English. I got a solution by asking to the native folk out there.



·         BIKES NEAR MRT STATION.

When we arrived at Geylang Bahru, we didn’t know exactly what to do next. I was amazed when i saw so many bikes park out there next to MRT station and it’s free (i thought). My evil-side told  me to get on the bike and let’s ride out around the city. My good side told me to ask first. Whereas there are steps to follow before using the bike. The bike is locked and it’s not free. We can use android-based application to unlocked the bike. Of course, you should pay.

·         BAD BED ON THE CHEAP HOSTEL

From 1 to 10, i gave this hostel 8. Everything was so good for a cheap hostel (maybe because i travel as a budget traveller so i didn’t expect too much). But one biggest thing ruined my life. Not about the service, not about cafetaria, the atmosphere, the air conditioner, but it was about The bed. Poor me, my bed was the one and only bed in the corner and unfortunately it’s the damned bed because there were so much bedbugs (bangsat). I could complain but i thought it’s okay. This could be on my personal notes, always check what lies under the sheet. Later i knew, i should see the stain on the wall. Blood stain from the bedbugs; maybe from the former person who slept on that bed.

·         EXTRAVAGANT KING OF FRUITS

Well i don’t know exactly why this fruit named as King of Fruits. I suppose maybe because it looks like a king’s crown. In my country we called it "Durian". Just ignore about its name, lets talk about the price. I laugh while shake my head when i saw the pricetag. For god’s sake, how the hell this fruit costs 38 $ for a box contain dozen of seeds. In my district, you could buy it for only 2$. Maybe in this country, it’s hard to farm or plant any seed either vegetables or fruits. 

·         MENU (SATAY) ON A CHINESE RESTAURANT

We got a dinner (not so special) on our last night in Singapore as a budget-traveller. It’s last night, so we made it little bit different. We came to a chinese restaurant near Aljuneid MRT Station. My eyes were popping out when i read the menu list the waiter gave on me. Everything that written there is in Chinese character. I laught at myself. Well, we order the menu just by looking at the picture. I choose satay and black mushroom chinese food.



The most awesome sillines i made that night was i didn’t know about the portion. So when the satay was served, i laugh at myself again. They waiter didn’t say a satay cost 1$ is really only a stick of satay. Not a portion as we used to order. (In my country, you paid 1$ and you’d get ten sticks of satay). Now that was so funny. People around us smile and spoke in chinese language. So i just smile and said “well, this is what it truly feels when you travel on a budget. Yeah you people work and get paid in Dollars, mine in Rupiah. So it’s okay, i only afford this satay.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
PS : Well, i know all of the sillines i've made. Pardon me. But we all definitely agree, A PERSON WHO NEVER MADE A MISTAKE, NEVER TRIED ANYTHING NEW. :)


     However, i am so glad i could visit some places exactly like what i had planned before.These photos below are not related to the story above, but of course, it's in Singapore. I know, there are still many places i've not explored yet. Next time, maybe. :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GEOSAINS : TSUNAMI FLORES 12 DESEMBER 1992

TENTANG REPTIL DAN MAMALIA (LEADERSHIP)

MY TRIP TO AN INCREDIBLY BLUE AND CRYSTAL CLEAR ‘DANAU KACO’, KERINCI